Holiday Stress? Ways to Say Bye-Bye to IBS Symptoms
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The IrritableBowelSyndrome.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- USDA, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. The Food Supply and Dietary Fiber: Its Availability and Effect on Health: Nutrition Insight 36. USDA. https://www.cnpp.usda.gov/sites/default/files/nutrition_insights_uploads/Insight36.pdf. Nov 2007.
- International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD). Misunderstood Functional GI Disorders: Gymnast’s Case Shows Why We Must Accept FGIDs as a Chronic Disorder. International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD). http://iffgd.org/commentary/misunderstood-functional-gi-disorders.html. 18 Dec 2015.
- Blanchard EB, Lackner JM, et al. The role of stress in symptom exacerbation among IBS patients. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2008; 64(2): 119-28.
- Husain M, Dumitrascu DL, Chaudhry I. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Stress; a Study of International Medical School Students. European Psychiatry. 2016; 33: S633. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpsy.2016.01.2379
- Solati K, Adibi P, Palahang H. P02-318 - Stress, mental disorders & IBS. European Psychiatry. 2010; 25(1): 1027.
- Gulewitsch M, Enck P, Schwille-Kiuntke J, Weimer K, Schlarb A. Mental Strain and Chronic Stress among University Students with Symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Gastroenterology Research and Practice. 2013; 2013.
- Pletikosic S, Tkalcic M, Hauser G. The role of daily mood in the stress-symptom relationship in IBS patients. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2016; 85:77.
- Song SW, Park SJ, Kim SH, Kang SG. Relationship between Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Worry and Stress in Adolescent Girls. Journal of Korean Medical Sciences. 2012; 27(11):1398-404.