IrritableBowelSyndrome.net Celebrates 5 Years
It is hard to believe that 5 years have passed since we launched IrritableBowelSyndrome.net. Happy anniversary to our community members and advocates!
IrritableBowelSyndrome.net was created to hold space for people affected by IBS. Whether on IrritableBowelSyndrome.net, our Facebook page, or Instagram, we are always excited to serve. Our mission is to provide information about IBS and connect those living with it. We feel lucky to offer a place for everyone to share their thoughts and experiences. We have learned so much from this community.
We would like to thank the dedicated contributors and moderators on our advocate team. Whether you started in 2016 or just came onboard: We would not be here without you.
Our IBS community accomplishments
We know that it is not easy telling your story and explaining IBS to friends and family. We know it is tough juggling work demands with IBS. We are honored to give a voice to those living with IBS. You are valid, and you are supported here.
Here are some of the things we have achieved since launching the IBS community in 2016:
- We have reached more than 3 million people living with IBS through our community site. Thousands more have visited us on social media.
- IrritableBowelSyndrome.net includes thousands of advocate articles and recipes. We are also proud of our Editorial Team contributions.
- Year after year, you have participated in our IBS In America surveys focusing on life with IBS.
- We have commemorated IBS Awareness Month each April with special content. This includes a Facebook frame and giveaways of heating pads/bottles, assistive devices, and more.
- We have shared emerging treatments to provide the latest in IBS research.
- Your story submissions and forum topic discussions have led to connections and validation. You have given others living with IBS support when they need it the most.
Top 5 articles over 5 years
We also wanted to share with you our top 5 articles over the past 5 years. These articles are the most visited on our site:
- "What is the Link Between Lower Back Pain and IBS?" written by Emily Downward in 2017
- "Can Nausea Be a Symptom of IBS?" written by our Editorial Team in 2016
- "Anti-Fungal Diet and IBS," written by our Editorial Team in 2016
- "The Foods I Eat When My IBS Flares Up," written by Glenda Bishop, RNutr, PhD, in 2017
- "New Rome IV Diagnostic Criteria for IBS," written by our Editorial Team in 2016
Join our forums, share your story, and more
We could never do what we do without our community. You make IrritableBowelSyndrome.net the supportive place that it is. Thank you for sharing your vulnerable moments with us. Your reading, commenting, liking, and sharing have made a difference.
What have you learned at IrritableBowelSyndrome.net? Have you changed how you manage your IBS since finding the community? Have you taken a greater role in advocacy? Are you better able to teach friends and family about life with IBS?
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?