Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: June 2016.
- Lacy BE, Chey WD, Lembo AJ. New and emerging treatment options for irritable bowel syndrome. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2015 Apr;11(4 Suppl 2):1-19.
- David A. Johnson. Does Exercise Improve Symptoms of IBS? Medscape. Feb 24, 2011. Accessed online on 2/26/16 at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/737389.
- Johannesson E, Simrén M, Strid H, Bajor A, Sadik R. Physical activity improves syptoms in irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011;106(5):915-22.
- Villoria A, Serra J, Azpiroz F, Malagelada JR. Physical Activity and Intestinal Gas Clearance in Patients with Bloating. Am J Gastroenterol. 2006;101:2552-7.
- Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University. Accessed online on 2/27/16 at http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/moderate-and-vigorous-physical-activity/.
- The World Health Organization, Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health. Accessed online on 2/27/16 at http://www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/physical_activity_intensity/en/.