Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: February 2019
- Sayuk GS, Gyawali CP. Irritable bowel syndrome: modern concepts and management options. Am J Med. 2015 Aug;128(8):817-27.
- International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders. Accessed online on 2/28/16 at http://www.aboutibs.org/site/treatment/psychological-treatments/cbt and http://www.aboutconstipation.org/site/treatment/biofeedback.
- Mayo Clinic. Cognitive behavioral therapy. Accessed online on 2/28/16 at http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/home/ovc-20186868.
- University of Maryland Medical Center. Biofeedback. Accessed online on 2/28/16 at http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/treatment/biofeedback.
- Leahy A, Epstein O. Non-pharmacological treatments in the irritable bowel syndrome. World J Gastroenterol. 2001 June 15:7(3):313-316