Turmeric Scrambled Eggs
I find that having 2 eggs for breakfast sets me up with enough energy to get through to lunch without any dreaded hunger pains. With turmeric for its anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits and added goodness from the vegetables, this breakfast is one of my favorites.
You can even eat it for lunch or dinner, just add a tin of tuna and some extra green veggies to make it into a substantial meal.
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for turmeric scrambled eggs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated sweet potato
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 eggs
- Pinch black pepper and salt
Directions for turmeric scrambled eggs
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan and add the grated sweet potato, baby spinach, dried coriander leaves and turmeric
- Stir until the sweet potato has softened and the spinach wilted
- Add the two eggs and stir until the eggs are cooked
- Remove from the heat and serve with salt and pepper to taste
- calories: 467
- carbohydrates: 23.2g
- cholesterol: 327mg
- fat: 37.2g
- fiber: 4.2g
- potassium: 790mg
- protein: 14.1g
- saturated fat: 6.8g
- sodium: 183mg
- sugar: 7.3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you cancel plans often due to IBS?