Turmeric Scrambled Eggs
Last updated: February 2022
I find that having 2 eggs for breakfast sets me up with enough energy to get through to lunch without any dreaded hunger pains. With turmeric for its anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits and added goodness from the vegetables, this breakfast is one of my favorites.
You can even eat it for lunch or dinner, just add a tin of tuna and some extra green veggies to make it into a substantial meal.
It's also dairy free and gluten free and the ingredients per serving size are also low FODMAP friendly (in line with the Monash University Low FODMAP App at the time of writing).
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for turmeric scrambled eggs
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated sweet potato
- 1-2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 eggs
- Pinch black pepper and salt
Directions for turmeric scrambled eggs
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan and add the grated sweet potato, baby spinach, dried coriander leaves and turmeric
- Stir until the sweet potato has softened and the spinach wilted
- Add the two eggs and stir until the eggs are cooked
- Remove from the heat and serve with salt and pepper to taste
- calories: 467
- carbohydrates: 23.2g
- cholesterol: 327mg
- fat: 37.2g
- fiber: 4.2g
- potassium: 790mg
- protein: 14.1g
- saturated fat: 6.8g
- sodium: 183mg
- sugar: 7.3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation