Low FODMAP Tuna Quinoa Salad
Last updated: February 2022
Ingredients for low FODMAP tuna quinoa salad
- 5-6oz/185g tin tuna, plain, in oil or water
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (will make 1.5 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1 cup cherry/baby tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh oregano
Directions for low FODMAP tuna quinoa salad
- Wash the dried quinoa in a fine sieve under running water
- Place the quinoa and 3 cups of water in a small saucepan with a lid
- Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and cook until the water is absorbed
- Turn off the heat and leave for a few minutes in the saucepan with the lid on
- Meanwhile, slice the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives and lettuce
- In a large bowl toss the tuna, quinoa and other ingredients and serve!
- calories: 376
- carbohydrates: 30.3g
- cholesterol: 63mg
- fiber: 6.3g
- potassium: 417mg
- protein: 33.2g
- saturated fat: 1.7g
- sodium: 63mg
- total fat: 14.2g
Photograph by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Which of the following symptoms of IBS do you experience most frequently?