Low FODMAP Tuna Quinoa Salad
This recipe is easy to throw together and a great option for a packed lunch and can last a few days in the fridge (just add the lettuce in fresh). It's also gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and low FODMAP friendly (as per the serving sizes in The Low FODMAP Monash Uni Diet App).
- 5-6oz/185g tin tuna, plain, in oil or water
- 3/4 cup white quinoa (will make 1.5 cups cooked quinoa)
- 1 cup cherry/baby tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh oregano
- Wash the dried quinoa in a fine sieve under running water
- Place the quinoa and 3 cups of water in a small saucepan with a lid
- Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer and cook until the water is absorbed
- Turn off the heat and leave for a few minutes in the saucepan with the lid on
- Meanwhile, slice the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olives and lettuce
- In a large bowl toss the tuna, quinoa and other ingredients and serve!
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you ever had a public IBS accident?