Kale Chicken Burgers
These burgers will make your tastebuds scream kale-yeah! Burgers often get a bad reputation for being a less than ideal food choice. But these patties can serve as a tasty vessel for lean protein sources and colorful plant-based ingredients.
Going green with kale is a gut-friendly way to elevate your burger’s flavor and nutrition profile. Specifically, kale is an excellent source of vitamins A, K, and C to keep your body feeling its best.1
Don’t forget to add tummy-saving toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, or bell pepper slices for a customized color-filled crunch. But, if you like big-buns and you cannot lie, opt for a gluten-free selection to prevent unwanted symptoms of IBS. Or, if you prefer a more itty-bitty option, transform your patties into tasty sliders. Talk about a versatile dish!
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 burger
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients for kale chicken burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- ¼ cup plant-based mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns
- 1 fresh tomato
Directions for kale chicken burgers
- In a large bowl, add finely chopped kale and chives.
- Add ground chicken, cheese, breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, and salt into the kale mixture. Work until fully combined.
- With hands, roll the mixture into four even balls. Gently press down with palms to form patty to desired thickness.
- Grill on the barbecue or oiled pan on medium-high heat until no longer pink—approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with sliced tomato and desired condiments on a gluten-free bun.
- U.S Department of Agriculture. Food Data Central. Retrieved from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/1546366/nutrients
- calories: 452kcal
- carbohydrates: 54.5g
- fat: 12.5g
- fiber: 8g
- potassium: 575mg
- protein: 33.5g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 735mg
- sugar: 7g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?