Kale Chicken Burgers
Last updated: January 2022
These burgers will make your tastebuds scream kale-yeah! Burgers often get a bad reputation for being a less than ideal food choice. But these patties can serve as a tasty vessel for lean protein sources and colorful plant-based ingredients.
Going green with kale is a gut-friendly way to elevate your burger’s flavor and nutrition profile. Specifically, kale is an excellent source of vitamins A, K, and C to keep your body feeling its best.1
Don’t forget to add tummy-saving toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, or bell pepper slices for a customized color-filled crunch. But, if you like big-buns and you cannot lie, opt for a gluten-free selection to prevent unwanted symptoms of IBS. Or, if you prefer a more itty-bitty option, transform your patties into tasty sliders. Talk about a versatile dish!
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 burger
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Ingredients for kale chicken burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/3 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- ¼ cup plant-based mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns
- 1 fresh tomato
Directions for kale chicken burgers
- In a large bowl, add finely chopped kale and chives.
- Add ground chicken, cheese, breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, and salt into the kale mixture. Work until fully combined.
- With hands, roll the mixture into four even balls. Gently press down with palms to form patty to desired thickness.
- Grill on the barbecue or oiled pan on medium-high heat until no longer pink—approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with sliced tomato and desired condiments on a gluten-free bun.
- U.S Department of Agriculture. Food Data Central. Retrieved from: https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/1546366/nutrients
- calories: 452kcal
- carbohydrates: 54.5g
- fat: 12.5g
- fiber: 8g
- potassium: 575mg
- protein: 33.5g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 735mg
- sugar: 7g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation