Lettuce-Wrapped Turkey Burgers
Last updated: March 2022
As IBS sufferers, we have to be particularly careful with what we put in our bodies because there are many things that can trigger our symptoms. It’s a struggle trying to commit to a restrictive diet, and it’s not fun when you feel like you’re eating the same things over and over. Here’s an IBS friendly burger recipe I came up with that many of you can find enjoyable and easy on the stomach.
Ingredients for lettuce wrapped turkey burgers
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce (or any lettuce of choice, the sturdier the better)
- (optional) Gluten free buns or potato bread buns
- 3-4 premade turkey patties (feel free to buy frozen ones or make your own, whichever is more convenient for you)
- Slices of lactose free cheese, or any cheese of your choosing
- Slices of red tomato
- Chili powder
- 2 Tbsps. of oil
- (Optional) 3-4 eggs
Directions for lettuce wrapped turkey burgers
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season the patties with pinches of chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and oregano
- Add the turkey patties to the heated skillet and cook on medium to high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Patties should be brown on each side.
- While the patties are cooking, set up the romaine lettuce on a plate to serve as the burger buns (or use buns of your choosing).
- Bring the heat down on the skillet to medium and then add the slices of cheese to the burger and cover for about a minute.
- When the burgers finished cooking, place them onto lettuce/buns.
- (Optional) Clean the skillet out and place back on the stove over medium to high heat.
- Then fry your eggs to your liking and then place on top of the burgers.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and condiments of your choosing.
My personal review: I felt that the lettuce as a bun was too slippery, so you may prefer to eat it with a knife and fork. However, overall the burgers are seasoned very well and were juicy. I really like this recipe and I will definitely recreate more often.
Comment below if you have tried this recipe and let us know what you think!
- calories: 413
- cholesterol: 100mg
- fiber: 3.3g
- potassium: 507mg
- protein: 36.9g
- saturated fat: 2.4g
- sodium: 369mg
- total carbohydrates: 11.2g
- total fat: 26.4g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation