IBS Friendly Grilled Tofu
As I have mentioned in my past articles and recipes, I am starting to have a deep appreciation for tofu simply because it’s less likely to trigger a negative symptom. Since it is still summer where I live, I tend to enjoy cooking outside more often, so I decided to share with you all a grilled tofu recipe I came up with. This recipe is delicious and great for a meat replacement. You can eat them as a snack or enjoy as part of your main course. Please try it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu (1 package)
- 1 tsp. of toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of pepper
- ½ tsp. of chili powder
- ¼ tsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. of tamari soy sauce
- Drain the tofu and remove as much moisture as possible by wrapping it in paper towels. Let the tofu dry in the paper towels for at least an hour or so before cooking.
- After the hour or so, cut the tofu length-wise and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together marinade ingredients and combine well. Then coat the tofu completely with marinade.
- Let marinade in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill on medium heat.
- Optional: Spray grill with non-stick grilling spray and use soaked wooden grilling sticks to keep the tofu together on the grill.
- Place the tofu on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the outside has grill marks.
- Once done, set the tofu on a plate to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Disclaimer for recipes: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for certain individuals. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you taken our Person Before Patient Survey?