IBS-Friendly Fish Tacos
Last updated: February 2022
Who loves taco Tuesdays!? I know I do! I remember growing up eating tacos and my mom always had her special way of making it with her delicious seasonings and cheesy toppings. However, if I even had a bite of one of her delicious tacos now, my IBS would send me to the toilet more times than I would care to count. With that being said, I created my own IBS friendly taco recipe and if you like seafood, you’ll definitely like this dish! It’s quick and easy to make, and if you prepare enough fish, you can stretch it a few days with various sides.
Ingredients for IBS-friendly fish tacos
- 1 lb. (or .5 kg) of Cod fish
- Fresh cilantro chopped (¼ cup for marinade)
- 1 Whole lime
- Gluten free tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
- 1 ½ tbsp. of Chili powder
- ½ tsp. of Salt
- ½ tsp. of Pepper
- ½ tsp. of Paprika
- ½ tsp. of Lemon pepper (only if tolerable)
- 1/3 cup of water
- Red cabbage (shredded)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (if tolerable)
Directions for IBS-friendly fish tacos
- Marinate fish in a bowl (15-20 min.)
- In a bowl, add fish, ¼ cup of cilantro, juice of 1 lime, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper
- Then cook the marinated fish in a skillet, and make sure it’s on high heat. Once the fish is cooked, stir in the water to soak up the seasoning at the bottom of the pan
- Grill the tortillas on an open flame or pan.
- Taco layer:
- Corn tortilla
- Shredded cabbage
- (optional) jalapenos
- Lime juice
If you try out this recipe, please comment below and let us know what you think!
- calories: 298
- cholesterol: 42mg
- fiber: 3.2g
- potassium: 162mg
- protein: 15.7g
- saturated fat: 6.1g
- sodium: 762mg
- total carbohydrates: 23g
- total fat: 16.4g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation