IBS-Friendly Fish Tacos
Who loves Taco Tuesdays!? I know I do! I remember growing up eating tacos and my mom always had her special way of making it with her delicious seasonings and cheesy toppings. However, if I even had a bite of one of her delicious tacos now, my IBS would send me to the toilet more times than I would care to count. With that being said, I created my own IBS friendly taco recipe and if you like seafood, you’ll definitely like this dish! It’s quick and easy to make, and if you prepare enough fish, you can stretch it a few days with various sides.
- 1 lb. (or .5 kg) of Cod fish
- Fresh cilantro chopped (¼ cup for marinade)
- 1 Whole lime
- Gluten free tortillas (I used corn tortillas)
- 1 ½ tbsp. of Chili powder
- ½ tsp. of Salt
- ½ tsp. of Pepper
- ½ tsp. of Paprika
- ½ tsp. of Lemon pepper (only if tolerable)
- 1/3 cup of water
- Red cabbage (shredded)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (if tolerable)
- Marinate fish in a bowl (15-20 min.)
- In a bowl, add fish
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chili powder
- Paprika, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper
- Corn tortilla
- Shredded cabbage
- (optional) jalapenos
- Lime juice
If you try out this recipe, please comment below and let us know what you think!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?