I'm 28 and it's been 8 years that I cannot lie down when I sleep. I have to sleep sitting in upright position. Whenever I lie down I feel like the food is moving, I get stomach ache and if I don't change to sitting position I will have pain for 1-2 days with diarrhea. Due to this I cannot properly sleep at night. Everything else is 100% fine with me but it only happens when I lie down! There are NO days where this doesn't happen. It happens every single day for these 8 past years.
This has changed my life to a nightmare and I avoid so many things in life including trips and girlfriends. I've seen 10+ gastroenterologists and all of them either did not know what my issue is, or diagnosed IBS.
I've searched through hundreds of websites on the internet and never found anyone suffering from the same condition. Even people with the worst IBS don't describe the same thing I describe.
Therefore this CANNOT be IBS!
I've done the following checks/treatments:
- Negative celiac disease
- Negative lactose intolerance
- Negative Helicobacter Pylori
- Mebeverine Hydrochloride
- FODMAP diet
- Digesetive enzymes
- Mint oil capsules
- Activated charcoal + simethicone
- Natural treatments - ginger, fennel seeds, sage, etc.
- Sports (gym)
- Soluble fiber
- Calcium ./ vitamin D
- Ultrasound (twice)
- Various blood tests (including ASCA ANCA and testosterone)
- Calprotectin test (stool)
- Duloxetine (antidepressant)
- Amitriptyline (antidepressant)
- Escitalopram (antidepressant)
- X-ray (stomach, esophagus, duodenum)
- Medical hypnosis
My only hope is google now...