IBS vs IBD: What Are The Key Similarities And Differences?
Written by: Truc Thanh | Last reviewed: June 2016.
- Ford AC, Moayyedi P, Lacy BE, et al; Task Force on the Management of Functional Bowel Disorders. American College of Gastroenterology monograph on the management of irritable bowel syndrome and chronic idiopathic constipation. Am J Gastroenterol. 2014;109 Suppl 1:S2-26; quiz S27.
- Wilkins T, Pepitone C, Alex B, Schade RR. Diagnosis and management of IBS in adults. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:419-426.
- World Gastroenterology Organisation Global Guidelines. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: a Global Perspective. Accessed 1/7/16 at: http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/UserFiles/file/guidelines/irritable-bowel-syndrome-english-2015.pdf
- Ye Y, Pang Z, Chen W, et al. The epidemiology and risk factors of inflammatory bowel disease. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015;8:22529-22542.
- Quigley E. Overlapping irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease: less to this than meets the eye. Ther Adv Gastroenterol. 2016;9:199-212.
- Katsanos K, Tsianos E. Irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease. Annals of Gastroenterology. 2001;14:242-243.