Veggie Mediterranean Breakfast Tartine
Bring a Mediterranean flair to breakfast with this tasty tartine! It’s layered with different colors, textures, and flavors that will drive your tastebuds wild. This recipe gives new life to your leftover veggies and minimizes food waste all on one scrumptious dish. Plus, it’s an easy way to kickstart the day with hearty vegetables to set the nutritious tone for upcoming meals. Not only is this dish gut-friendly, but it’s also packed with eye-appealing, color-filled phytonutrients—plant compounds that can decrease one’s risk of chronic diseases. It’s so delicious and nutritious, why stop at breakfast? Embrace all-day brunch vibes and equally enjoy this recipe as a satisfying snack or lovely lunch.
Makes: 1 serving
Serving Size: 2 tartines
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for veggie mediterranean breakfast tartine
- 2 eggs
- ½ medium zucchini
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 slices of whole-grain bread
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Directions for veggie mediterranean breakfast tartine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, thinly cut zucchini into coins. Add olive oil and mix until fully incorporated.
- On a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet, evenly distribute zucchini. Cook until starting to golden, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Slide red bell pepper in half and place directly on an oven tray with skin side up. Cook until skin darkens, approximately 15 minutes. Remove seeds and skin. Slice in four even pieces. Set aside.
- In a covered pan on medium to high heat, cook eggs to the desired level of doneness. Set aside.
- In the toaster, toast slices until golden. Set aside.
- To plate, evenly cover toasts with zucchini slices. Then, one egg and 2 slices of pepper per toast. Top each with salt and black pepper to taste. Enjoy.
- calories: 321kcal
- carbohydrates: 33g
- fat: 14.5g
- fiber: 8.5g
- potassium: 696mg
- protein: 20.5g
- saturated fat: 3.5g
- sodium: 507mg
- sugar: 12.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?