Vanilla Latte Overnight Oats
If you have "bean" longing for the perfect pick-me-up breakfast, this recipe is espresso-ly for you! It combines the fueling power of hearty oats with the mental wake-up of your morning cup of joe. Talk about the best of both worlds! Plus, rolled oats are abundant in soluble fiber and beta-glucan, important for a diverse microbiome.1 Diets high in fiber can also improve cardiovascular health, immune function, and feelings of fullness. But, if you don’t give a frappe about the nutritional benefits, its irresistible taste will win you over. It’s flavored with vanilla extract, maple syrup, and stevia to mimic the familiar taste of your favorite coffee shop. For those looking for more or a mocha taste, channel your inner barista and add cacao to your coffee-flavored creation.
Makes: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for vanilla latte overnight oats
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp espresso or cold brew
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 packet stevia
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
Directions for vanilla latte overnight oats
- In a small storage container, add rolled oats, unsweetened almond milk, chilled espresso, vanilla extract, stevia, and maple syrup. Seal the container and shake well.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with coconut flakes. Enjoy!
- Jayachandran M, Chen J, Chung SS, Xu B. A critical review on the impacts of β-glucans on gut microbiota and human health. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 2018;61:101-110. doi:10.1016/j.jnutbio.2018.06.010
- calories: 247kcal
- carbohydrates: 40g
- fat: 6.5g
- fiber: 8g
- potassium: 237mg
- protein: 7.5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 59mg
- sugar: 5.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?