Sweet Thai Chili Cucumber Salad
This simple salad will keep both your gut and your taste buds satisfied. Since green onion tops are considered a low FODMAP food, this salad makes for the perfect IBS-friendly dish. These sweet yet spicy flavors will mimic your favorite Thai meal, but with an extra healthy twist! While this salad can shine brightly on its own, it also makes for a yummy sidekick with other veggie sides.
Serving Size: 1
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- ½ large English cucumber (14”)
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (use more of the tops)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp white balsamic
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce (Ex: Thai Kitchen)
- In a large bowl, add ¼ slices of cucumber.
- Dice the bell pepper. Combine.
- Chop the green onions. Combine.
- Fold in the lime juice, white balsamic, sesame oil, and Thai sweet chili sauce
- Serve as a side dish or topped with your favorite protein!
Have a favorite recipe to share?
- calories: 129
- carbohydrates: 25g
- fat: 3g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 558mg
- protein: 3g
- sodium: 230mg
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?