Quinoa Fish Sticks
Crispy, tasty fish sticks that are also gluten-free! For this recipe, I've used Hoki (Blue Grenadier) but any white fish will do. Serve with a little garden salad and perhaps some dipping mayonnaise on the side. Enjoy!
The ingredients are in line with the Monash University FODMAP Diet App (at the time of writing) and the serving size is suitable if you're on the low FODMAP diet.
Serving size 2
- 250g/8.8oz white fish fillets (bones removed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup almond flour/meal
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Slice the fish fillets into 2-inch/5-cm strips.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork to mix.
- Add the quinoa flakes to one plate and the almond flour, salt, and pepper to another plate.
- Dip the fish strips into the egg mix to coat, then into the almond flour, then back into the egg, then into the quinoa flakes, and set aside on a new plate.
- Continue with the remaining fish strips.
- Heat a frypan/skillet on medium heat and add 2 tbs olive oil.
- Place some of the strips into the pan, brown one side, and flip to brown the other side.
- Once cooked, place them on a plate with some paper towel.
- Continue cooking the remaining strips until done, adding oil as needed. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, RLS, sleep apnea) in addition to IBS?