Peanut Butter Custard
If you're looking for a warm dessert option, then this is a perfect quick choice. The custard is easy to make and you can choose your preferred milk option. This 5 minute dessert uses low FODMAP quantities as per the Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app. It is also dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free!
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk (or lactose free milk, or soy (from soy protein) milk)
- In a small saucepan use a whisk to mix the egg (and yolk), tapioca starch, peanut butter and maple syrup
- Then add the milk and mix until smooth
- Place the saucepan over a low to medium heat
- Continue to whisk over the heat until it thickens (but don't bring it to a simmer or boil)
- Remove from the heat and serve with a few blueberries and crushed nuts if desired
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Did you make any New Year's goals or resolutions?