Miso Broiled Cod with Sesame Garlic Broccoli
If you’re following a low FODMAP diet, broccoli can be enjoyed in small amounts. Remember, the FODMAP diet is not a lifelong diet but rather a tool to identify which foods affect your gut most and in what portion size. I often use a silicone mat instead of parchment paper when cooking fish. It saves money, is reusable, and therefore eco-friendly, but the best part is the fish doesn’t stick to the dish! Serve this with brown rice or herbed quinoa for a satisfying dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes, plus 2 to 8 hours refrigeration
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for miso broiled cod with sesame garlic broccoli
- 1.25 lb cod (cut into 4 filets)
- 1 Tbsp white miso paste
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
Directions for miso broiled cod
- In a small bowl, whisk miso, rice vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce, and 1 tsp sesame oil in a small bowl until smooth.
- Pat the cod dry and place filets side by side in a large glass or ceramic dish. Pour the miso marinade over the cod, brushing on all sides of the fish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove fish from the refrigerator. Line a large baking tray or dish with a silicone baking mat or aluminum foil sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Preheat broiler to high. Wipe off excess marinade on all sides of the fish, and transfer to the lined baking tray.
- Place fish about 5 inches under the flame. Broil for 5 minutes, rotate pan, and broil for another 2-3 minutes until fish is opaque inside and top is a light golden brown.
Directions for the broccoli
- Steam the broccoli: set up a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water. Add the broccoli and steam for 5 minutes. Drain.
- While the broccoli is steaming, heat a skillet with canola oil and 2 tsp sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sesame seeds and saute for 2 minutes, until garlic is golden brown. Add broccoli and soy sauce and mix well to combine. Saute for 3 minutes more.
- Serve warm with cod filets.
Have a favorite recipe to share?
- calories: 230
- carbohydrates: 8g
- cholesterol: 80mg
- fat: 6g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 742mg
- protein: 37g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 400mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have difficulties with setting boundaries and saying no?