IBS Friendly Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Over the years I have tried many different diets that has introduced me to all kinds of recipes, and this is one recipe I will always keep in my book: Stuffed Zucchini Boats. As always, I like to take what I’ve learned and make it my own, so I created an IBS friendly version. This recipe is great if you’re trying to avoid triggers but also wanting to do something creative with your meals. If you try this out, please let me know what you think. Thanks!
Zucchini Boat Recipe
- 4 Zucchinis
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- ¼ cup of shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1/8th tsp. Cumin
- 1/8th tsp. Turmeric
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- 1/8th tsp. Mint
- ¼ tsp. Oregano
- 1/3rd cup Tahini sauce
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the zucchinis in half the long way and hollow out the insides using a spoon.
- Cook the ground beef with pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, turmeric, chili powder, mint, and oregano.
- Once the meat is cooked, let it cool down for 5-7 minutes. Then add the shredded parmesan cheese, mix together, and set aside.
- Line the cut zucchinis in a baking pan and stuff them with the beef mixture. Then, place inside the preheated oven and let them cook for about 35 minutes.
- Place tahini sauce in a small bowl, add lemon juice, water, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Once the zucchinis are tender, take them out of the oven. Then drizzle some of the tahini mixture on top of the meat. Feel free to add extra sauce to your plate if you like!
- Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you ever had a public IBS accident?