Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese
I know what you are thinking: Goat cheese? Won't that cause more problems with my IBS? For some, goat cheese can be an issue, and for others, it is not something they need to look out for. I fall into the side of IBS that does not have a ton of symptoms and not a lot of foods that I need to cut out of my diet, at least not yet.
Everyone is different, so if you are new to this world of IBS, explore what you can and cannot eat. And who knows, you might just have a new favorite recipe after this! When reheating this tasty recipe for later, add in a splash of soy milk to loosen it all up and pop it in the microwave for about 2 minutes for a tasty and quick lunch!
Note: The outcome will be rich and delicious, so I recommend eating small portions or thinning the sauce out afterward with more soy milk (or other milk of your choosing).
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Ingredients for goat cheese mac and cheese
- 2 cups pasta shells
- 6 Tbsp vegan butter
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened, plain oat or soy milk
- 12 oz goat cheese
- 8 oz grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
Directions for goat cheese mac and cheese
- Bowl pasta in salted water according to the directions on the box.
- Place butter in a saucepan and allow to melt, then add in flour and whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in milk to the saucepan and continually whisk until thickened
- Take off heat and add the goat cheese and pecorino romano cheese and whisk until combined and melted.
- Add mustard, cajun seasoning, pepper and salt to taste.
- Can keep the sauce separate from pasta or add all of the shells into the saucepan to combine.
- calories: 801
- carbohydrates: 37.2g
- cholesterol: 98mg
- fat: 52.6g
- fiber: 2.3g
- potassium: 279mg
- protein: 42.4g
- saturated fat: 28.3g
- sodium: 1388mg
- sugar: 7.4g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our IBS In America Survey yet?