Gluten-Free Crepes with Bananas and Blueberry Syrup
I have always been a fan of crepes and I think they are great for people like me who don’t always want a thick, fluffy pancake for breakfast. In this article, I am sharing an IBS friendly crepe recipe that I think many of you will enjoy, especially for those who are looking for a gluten-free recipe. Also, please note that not all IBS friendly recipes work for everyone who suffers from IBS, so it's understandable if you think this recipe won’t work for you. For those of you who do try this out, please let us know what you think! Enjoy!
Serving size: 2 crepes
- ¾ cup of rice flour
- ½ cup of corn starch
- 1/3 cup of almond flour
- ¾ tsp of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of lactose-free milk
- 2½ tbsp superfine sugar (or powdered sugar)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of butter
- Coconut cooking spray
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 sliced banana
- In a large bowl, combine rice flour, corn starch, almond flour, baking powder, superfine (or powdered) sugar, eggs, milk, and cinnamon, and whisk until well-combined.
- Bring a large flat skillet to low-medium heat and spray lightly with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Add butter and spread it evenly across the skillet.
- Then apply some of crepe batter and coat the skillet with it in one thin, even layer and cook on medium heat until the crepe completely solidifies on the top.
- Once fully cooked, used a spatula to fold the crepe over twice. Once folded, flip the entire crepe over once and turn off the heat.
For blueberry syrup
- Add the water, blueberries, and 2 tablespoons superfine sugar to a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes until blueberries cook down and thick syrup is produced.
- Once the syrup is done, let it cool down to room temperature, and then drizzle some on top of the crepes.
- Garnish crepes with sliced bananas and additional powdered sugar.
- Bon Appetit!
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you make any New Year's goals or resolutions?