Gem Potatoes with Scallion Yogurt Dip
I love potatoes! They’re so versatile that you never run out of tasty recipe combinations. When you add in a variety of colors, you’re getting new health benefits. Plants get their colors from different phytonutrients, each of which offers unique health benefits and flavors, according to research. If you find yourself making more meals from scratch, keeping lemons and limes in-stock can give most meals added flair. If you place the potatoes in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving or better yet, the next day, you’ll boost resistant starch.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb tricolor baby potatoes or fingerlings
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or dairy-free yogurt)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (omit if necessary)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Rinse potatoes. Place potatoes in a small pot with enough water to cover them by about 1”. Add a pinch of salt and heat on high until boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. (You can assemble the dip in the next step while potatoes are cooking). Strain and lightly rinse potatoes with cold water.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, scallions, lemon juice, sea salt, and garlic. Whisk well until smooth.
- Serve potatoes warm or cold, dip, and enjoy!
- calories: 110
- carbohydrates: 22g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 542mg
- protein: 5g
- sodium: 310mg
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?