Dairy-Free, IBS-Friendly Tzatziki with Veggies
While crudités may be a go-to for barbecues, pre-dinner munchies, or a healthy snack, they often get paired with dips that have your gut throwing a fit. But the alternative of plain old veggies may feel like a total snooze fest. So instead, try this IBS-friendly rendition of traditional tzatziki for a savory twist for your tastebuds.
This dip truly has it all – it’s creamy, tangy, aromatic, and won’t send you searching for the nearest bathroom. Use leftover dip to add a Greek-style flair to your favorite protein throughout the week. Or, add an extra splash of lemon juice to transform it into a creamy salad dressing. It’s a versatile dip with a flavor that doesn’t quit!
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 tbsp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for dairy-free, IBS-friendly tzatziki with veggies:
- ½ 5.3 oz container unsweetened coconut flavor plant-based yogurt
- 2 tbsp plant-based sour cream
- 2 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- ¼ medium cucumber
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
Directions for dairy-free, IBS-friendly tzatziki with veggies:
- Add diced cucumber, thinly chopped dill, and chives in a small bowl.
- Add yogurt, sour cream, and lemon juice. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with IBS-friendly vegetables or topped on protein. Enjoy!
- calories: 21kcal
- carbohydrates: 2.5g
- fat: 1g
- fiber: 0.5g
- potassium: 24mg
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 46mg
- sugar: 0.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you cancel plans often due to IBS?