Greek Salad with Lemon Peppermint Vinaigrette
Find it odd to add peppermint oil to a salad? Tabouleh, a Mediterranean salad made with bulgar wheat is just one example of a salad made with fresh minty flavor. To enhance the flavor of fresh mint in this salad, we've added peppermint oil in dressing.
Makes 4 serving
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, washed, trimmed and diced
- 5 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 drops or .30mL of peppermint oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, mint leaves, and olive.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, peppermint oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad.
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, RLS, sleep apnea) in addition to IBS?