Greek Salad with Lemon Peppermint Vinaigrette
Find it odd to add peppermint oil to a salad? Tabouleh, a Mediterranean salad made with bulgar wheat is just one example of a salad made with fresh minty flavor. To enhance the flavor of fresh mint in this salad, we've added peppermint oil in dressing.
Makes 4 serving
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, washed, trimmed and diced
- 5 small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 drops or .30mL of peppermint oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, mint leaves, and olive.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, peppermint oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad.
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?