Dairy-Free Minty Hot Chocolate
Last updated: February 2022
This recipe is perfect for those chilly nights when you need a little warm hug in a mug!
It’s dairy free, gluten-free and low FODMAP friendly (just stick to one serve at a time).
It’s thick and creamy and you’d never know that it was dairy-free. So enjoy and indulge in a little deliciousness!
Serving size: 3
Ingredients for dairy-free minty hot chocolate:
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs cacao
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp peppermint essence
Directions for dairy-free minty hot chocolate:
- Pour all the ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Use a whisk to mix the ingredients over a low heat.
- Continue to whisk it while it heats.
- Once it reaches a simmer and has slightly thickened, remove from the heat and pour into mugs.
- calories: 326
- carbohydrates: 36g
- dietary fiber: 2.9g
- potassium: 264mg
- protein: 2.5g
- saturated fat: 17.1g
- sodium: 65mg
- total fat: 20.2g
Photograph by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation