Dairy-Free Faux Cheesy Chicken and Kale Pizza
Last updated: April 2022
For real-sy, this faux cheesy dish will steal a pizza your heart. Its ooey-gooey texture and classic aroma mimic the flavor profile of your favorite slice without causing any gastrointestinal distress. The gluten-free dough serves as the foundation to low FODMAP toppings to optimize your gut feelings while keeping your appetite satisfied. Whether you prefer to make your own dough or opt for a ready-to-go crust, this quick dish is a mealtime favorite. No matter how you slice it, this pizza delivers wholesome ingredients and feelings of nostalgia without triggering unwanted symptoms. Plus, it can be easily adapted to fit a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle by swapping the ground chicken for tofu. Trust your gut; this pizza can’t be topped!
Makes: 3 servings
Serving Size: 1/3 pizza
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for dairy-free faux cheesy chicken and kale pizza
- 1 frozen gluten-free pizza dough
- ½ lb ground chicken
- ¾ cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ½ cup dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
Directions for dairy-free faux cheesy chicken and kale pizza
- Remove gluten-free pizza dough from freezer. Allow to thaw on countertop, or in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet, slowly add gluten-free flour and roll out dough. Dough should be easy to maneuver and not overly sticky. Roll to desired thickness and shape.
- Evenly distribute tomato sauce and plant-based cheese on pizza. Place in oven for 7 minutes.
- In a medium pan on high heat, add ground chicken and smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Cook until no longer pink—approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven. Distribute kale. Cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Add ground chicken to pizza. Cook until crust is golden brown or desired level of doneness.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil. Enjoy!
- calories: 70g
- fat: 16g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 266mg
- protein: 28.5g
- saturated fat: 3.5g
- sodium: 902mg
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation