Creamy Salmon Salad Lettuce Wraps
If grocery shopping or cooking feels like an impossible task, it’s time to brush off that can of shelf-stable salmon sitting in the back of your pantry. This protein-packed, naturally gluten-free dish uses ingredients you’ll likely have in your home and requires no oven or stove.
Salmon contains omega-3 fats, which are important in reducing inflammation and for proper brain and heart function.1 Feel free to try this recipe out with other FODMAP-friendly proteins like canned tuna or sardines. Top off this meal with a tasty peanut butter pumpkin oatmeal cookie!
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for creamy salmon salad lettuce wraps
Directions for creamy salmon salad lettuce wraps
- Add salmon to a medium bowl and use a fork to flake apart.
- Add celery, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Assemble lettuce leaves on a plate.
- Spoon salmon salad (~1/2 cup) into each leaf.
- Wrap up and enjoy!
Have a favorite recipe to share?
1. Swanson D, Block R, Mousa SA. Omega-3 Fatty Acids EPA and DHA: Health Benefits Throughout Life. Advances in Nutrition. 2012;3(1):1-7. doi:10.3945/an.111.000893.
- calories: 213
- carbohydrates: 4g
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 641mg
- protein: 29g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 1022mg
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?