Cinnamon Maple Granola
Last updated: January 2022
What is a yogurt parfait or chia seed pudding without a crunchy granola topper? After all, it’s all about texture! But store-bought varieties often contain honey, dried fruits, and certain nuts that may trigger unwanted symptoms of IBS. Instead, create a gut-friendly granola option that you can feel good about eating. Enjoy it for breakfast or as an on-the-go snack to help energize even the busiest of days. Granola is simple to make in large batches for a must-have pantry staple to incorporate into other culinary creations. It can get transformed into fruit crisps, energy bars, baked goods, and more! So, whether you are feeling extra sweet or setting sights on something savory, there is an oat to float your boat that won’t make you bloat! Looking for more oat-based recipes? Check out these chocolate sun butter truffles.
Makes: 20 servings
Serving Size: ¼ cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for cinnamon maple granola
- 4 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
Directions for cinnamon maple granola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds and cinnamon. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and olive oil to dry mixture. Mix until combined.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, evenly distribute granola. Bake for 10 minutes.
- With silicone spatula, mix granola. Bake until lightly golden—approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve topped on chia seed pudding, plain Greek yogurt, or enjoy on its own!
- calories: 134kcal
- carbohydrates: 16.5g
- fat: 6g
- fiber: 2.5g
- protein: 4g
- saturated fat: 0.5g
- sodium: 1mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Which of the following symptoms of IBS do you experience most frequently?