Carb-Conscious Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
Last updated: January 2022
It’s BS that there aren’t more low-carb cookie options available for those with IBS. But you can have your cookie and eat it too with this homemade rendition of a gut-friendly treat that satisfies any sweet tooth without sacrificing your health goals.
This tasty cookie gets primarily sweetened with stevia — a sugar alternative that won’t trigger unwanted symptoms of IBS. For those using liquid stevia, be sure to check the unit conversion to avoid cookie chaos. But don’t be fooled; while these cookies may taste like dessert, their wholesome nutrition says otherwise!
Each cookie contains healthy fats and a pop of protein to keep the mid-day hanger under control. So, embrace your inner cookie monster and enjoy this recipe as a breakfast or hearty snack. After all, what better way to start the day than with chocolate chip cookies!
Makes: 15 servings
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for chocolate chip breakfast cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp stevia powder
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp plant-based butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
Directions for chocolate chip breakfast cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a stand mixer, combine almond butter, vanilla extract, stevia, brown sugar, plant-based butter, unsweetened almond milk, salt, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Add flour and baking powder to the mixer. Mix on low until fully combined.
- With a silicone baking spatula, fold in chocolate chips until fully incorporated.
- Roll cookie dough into 2-inch balls. Then, lightly press on a silicone baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with a dash of salt. Bake until golden brown—approximately 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool. Enjoy!
- calories: 146kcal
- carbohydrates: 15.5g
- fat: 7.5g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 96mg
- protein: 4.5g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 219mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation