Double Ginger Molasses Breakfast Cookies
Sometimes I just want something sweet for breakfast with a cup of my favorite ginger tea! But I still want to start my day out right, with heart-healthy whole grains and good fats. Pairing this breakfast cookie with low-fat Greek or lactose-free yogurt is a tasty way to start your day. And the words breakfast and cookie are music to my ears!
Makes: About 24 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes + 15 minutes rest time
Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Ingredients for double ginger molasses breakfast cookies
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup crystallized (candied) ginger pieces, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup canola oil or sunflower seed oil
- 2 ¼ cups raw quick-cooking oats (gluten-free optional)
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flour (Gluten-free per preference)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
Directions for double ginger molasses breakfast cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, add oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk well. Mix in raisins, crystallized ginger, walnuts and/or any other mix-ins.
- In a large bowl, whisk coconut sugar, oil, and eggs until well combined. Add vanilla, grated ginger, and molasses and whisk well. Stir in oats and mix again. Fold in flour mixture and stir, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl, until all ingredients are mixed in.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- Once dough has chilled, removed from fridge and preheat oven to 350° F. Using heaping tablespoons or an icecream scooper, spoon clumps of dough on to baking trays (space 1-2” apart).
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until set and lightly crisped on the edges. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
*Nutrition analysis without optional walnuts
- calories: 110
- carbohydrates: 18g
- cholesterol: 15mg
- fat: 3.5g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 2g
- sodium: 210mg
- sugars: 10g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?