Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes
Pancakes are a weakness of mine and I don’t like missing out because of my food sensitivities so I’m always creating recipes that allow me to enjoy the beauty of a good pancake! Blueberries and cacao go really well together and add a bit of natural sweetness and they also make a great little snack for lunchboxes too. Plus, they’re also gluten free, dairy free and free from added sugar.
The serving size is suitable if you’re on the low FODMAP diet and is in line with the Monash Low FODMAP Diet App and the FODMAP Friendly app. However, please note that at the time of writing baking powder hadn’t been tested for its FODMAP content, but as gluten free baking powder is generally made from rice flour, it should be ok
- 2 eggs
- 1 firm banana
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup fresh or defrosted blueberries
- Blend all ingredients except for the blueberries in a blender
- Once mixed, add the blueberries and blend for just a second or two to break them up a little
- Pre-heat a pan on low-medium heat
- Pour palm sized amounts into the pan and flip the pancake when it’s done on one side
Disclaimer: Some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Disclaimer: Irritable Bowel Syndrome cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you think there is enough awareness of IBS?