When I try out a new IBS friendly recipe that I like, I feel I must share it with others. I like sweets, but I can only have them once in a while. I figured I’d share a choco-nut macaroon recipe that will be great for gatherings whether at a family dinner party or a friends get-together.
Servings: Makes about 8-10 macaroons
Ingredients for choco-nut macaroon
- 1 ½ cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp of almond flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of superfine sugar
- 1/8th tsp of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
Directions for choco-nut macaroon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flakes, almond flour, baking powder, butter, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites until it starts to peak. Once it begins to peak, slowly add vanilla extract and whisk more.
- When the egg whites are done peaking, fold them into the coconut flake mixture.
- On a baking sheet lined with wax paper, form the macaroons about an inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once the macaroons are done, set aside to cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a metal bowl over boiling water. Once melted, drizzle over macaroons and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or more.
- After the hour is up, enjoy a decadent choco-nut macaroon!
- calories: 137
- carbohydrates: 16.9g
- cholesterol: 5mg
- fiber: 1.4g
- protein: 2.4g
- saturated fat: 5.3g
- sodium: 41mg
- total fat: 7.6g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you cancel plans often due to IBS?