Last updated: April 2022
When I try out a new IBS friendly recipe that I like, I feel I must share it with others. I like sweets, but I can only have them once in a while. I figured I’d share a choco-nut macaroon recipe that will be great for gatherings whether at a family dinner party or a friends get-together.
Servings: Makes about 8-10 macaroons
Ingredients for choco-nut macaroon
- 1 ½ cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp of almond flour
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of superfine sugar
- 1/8th tsp of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
Directions for choco-nut macaroon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine coconut flakes, almond flour, baking powder, butter, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites until it starts to peak. Once it begins to peak, slowly add vanilla extract and whisk more.
- When the egg whites are done peaking, fold them into the coconut flake mixture.
- On a baking sheet lined with wax paper, form the macaroons about an inch apart.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once the macaroons are done, set aside to cool completely.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a metal bowl over boiling water. Once melted, drizzle over macaroons and store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or more.
- After the hour is up, enjoy a decadent choco-nut macaroon!
- calories: 137
- carbohydrates: 16.9g
- cholesterol: 5mg
- fiber: 1.4g
- protein: 2.4g
- saturated fat: 5.3g
- sodium: 41mg
- total fat: 7.6g
Photograph by Hess Polanco. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation