Chili Lime Popcorn
Are your afternoon munchies or late-night cravings poppin'? This satisfying snack is a fiber-filled way to slay the day without provoking unwanted gastrointestinal distress. No time to go stovetop? That’s okay! Skip the bulky pots and opt for the microwave. Simply put your kernels in a small brown paper bag and roll the top shut. Then, place the bag in the microwave until the pops are 2 seconds apart. Be warned; your popcorn will escape and take over your microwave if you don’t close the bag! Feel free to make a large batch and get creative with your topping customizations. Whether you prefer sweet, savory, spicy, or a mixture, there is a flavor combination that is bound to pop your socks off!
Makes: 2 servings
Serving Size: 3 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Ingredients for chili lime popcorn
- 3 tbsp cup plain popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp plant-based butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp chili powder (or spice of your choice, like a cumin/oregano combo)
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp lime zest
Directions for chili lime popcorn
- In a brown paper bag, add popcorn kernels. Roll the top of the bag to seal shut. Microwave until pops are 2 seconds apart—approximately 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, melt plant-based butter and pour on popcorn. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add sea salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix until fully incorporated.
- calories: 118kcal
- carbohydrates: 15.5g
- fat: 6g
- fiber: 2.5g
- potassium: 85mg
- protein: 1.5g
- sodium: 327mg
- sugar: 0.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Life with IBS can be frustrating. Will you help others understand by taking our survey (US only)?
Join the conversation