Buffalo Tuna Salad on Toast or in Avocado Boats
Last updated: May 2022
Most Americans don’t get enough omega-3's in their diet, which is essential for brain and heart health. They also help to lower anxiety and depression risk. Eating canned tuna can be convenient and healthy but ordinary. This recipe adds a bit of flavor and flair to an everyday dish.
If you’re following a Low FODMAP diet, then you’ll want to stick to one-quarter of avocado and serve this on toast. However, if you tolerate avocados, their creamy texture complements the tuna and creates a tasty and satisfying dish!
Makes: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for buffalo tuna salad
- 1 5-6oz can of tuna, drained
- 1.5 Tbsp low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1.5 tsp buffalo sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot) *you can add a little more or less for desired spice level and tolerance
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 pickle spear, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and halved
Directions for buffalo tuna salad
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, buffalo sauce, herbs, salt, and pepper. Use the back of a fork to flake apart tuna, as you mix it into the other ingredients. Stir well until all ingredients are blended in. Mix in celery and pickle.
- Use a spoon to scoop out about 1 Tbsp of flesh from the center of the avocado halves. Fill each halve with the buffalo tuna salad. Garnish with optional herbs and squeeze of lemon juice. Dig in with a spoon and enjoy!
Have a favorite recipe to share?
- calories: 310
- carbohydrates: 12g
- cholesterol: 40mg
- fat: 20g
- fiber: 8g
- potassium: 830mg
- protein: 24g
- saturated fat: 3.5g
- sodium: 1210mg
- sugars: 2g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Which of the following symptoms of IBS do you experience most frequently?