Banana Blueberry Almond Muffins
Last updated: January 2022
This recipe for banana blueberry almond muffins was sent to us by a community member. The author includes fiber-rich ingredients that they tolerate well from an individual perspective.
Serving size: 1
Makes 12 muffins.
Ingredients for banana blueberry almond muffins
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 tsp ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Add walnuts. I added just a little and omitted chia and flax seeds.
Directions for banana blueberry almond muffins
- Pre heat oven 350 degrees F (175 Celsius) - Line 4 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix almond meal, flax seed, chia seeds, and baking soda together in a small bowl. Whisk eggs, honey, and apple cider vinegar together in a separate bowl. Stir almond meal mixture into egg mixture until batter is just mixed. Mash banana into batter and fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool muffins in pan or baking rack for 30 minutes.
- For a vegan substitute, use 2 tablespoons applesauce or 3/4 of a banana in place of the eggs
- Whole lemon sub for cider vinegar
- Frozen blueberries sub for fresh blueberries or fresh or frozen strawberries.
- No sub for baking soda, omitted in my recipe for digesting a problem.
- calories: 117
- carbohydrates: 6.5g
- cholesterol: 27mg
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 131mg
- protein: 4.5g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 38mg
- total fat: 9.1g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Which of the following symptoms of IBS do you experience most frequently?