Almond Berry Passion Smoothie
In my opinion, smoothies are some of the best recipes ever created for people with digestive disorders! Without the invention of the blender by Stephen Poplawski in 1922, it’s fair to say that smoothies wouldn’t be as enjoyable and easy to ingest. I think it’s a great meal replacement and it’s so much easier to digest my food this way. Also, I don’t normally like to eat solid fruits or vegetables, however, when I blend them into a smoothie or juice, I appreciate the taste of them so much more! Not to mention, I get much more nutrients this way. Here’s a smoothie recipe I have created that’s really delicious, and it’s IBS friendly! I hope you guys try it out and enjoy!
Ingredients for almond berry passion smoothie:
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of coconut water
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 tbsp. of almond butter
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen mixed berries (like blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
- ¼ cup of Goya passion fruit concentrate
- 1 tsp. of turmeric powder
- Coconut nectar to taste
- (Optional) Coconut flakes and a dash of cinnamon to garnish
Directions for almond berry passion smoothie:
- Add liquids to the blender first.
- Then add banana, and then the rest of your ingredients, except the coconut nectar and flakes.
- Blend, baby, blend!
- Stop blending, add the coconut nectar to taste, and then continue blending until well combined.
- Once done, serve, garnish, and enjoy!
Leave a comment if you try this recipe and let us know what you think!
- calories: 518
- carbohydrates: 50.2g
- fiber: 9.9g
- potassium: 890mg
- protein: 6.6g
- saturated fat: 28.2g
- sodium: 112mg
- total fat: 36.3g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you cancel plans often due to IBS?