What’s the Link Between Lower Back Pain and IBS?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The IrritableBowelSyndrome.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Back pain, Medical News Today. Available at https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/172943.php. Accessed on 9/27/17.
- Back pain, Mayo Clinic. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/back-pain/basics/definition/con-20020797. Accessed on 9/27/17.
- Murray GM, ed. Referred pain. Journal of Applied Oral Science. 2009;17(6):i. doi:10.1590/S1678-77572009000600001.
- Smith, Michelle D. et al. Do Incontinence, Breathing Difficulties, and Gastrointestinal Symptoms Increase the Risk of Future Back Pain? The Journal of Pain. 2009;10(8):876-886.
- Sikandar S, Dickenson AH. Visceral Pain – the Ins and Outs, the Ups and Downs. Current opinion in supportive and palliative care. 2012;6(1):17-26. doi:10.1097/SPC.0b013e32834f6ec9.
- Fibromyalgia and IBS, GI Society. Available at https://www.badgut.org/information-centre/a-z-digestive-topics/fibromyalgia-and-ibs/. Accessed on 9/27/17.