Probiotic and Prebiotic Foods To Boost Good Gut Bacteria
- Gropper, S & Smith, J 2013, Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism, 6th edn, Wadsworth, Belmont.
- Monash University 2016, Dietary fibre and natural prebiotics for gut health: FAQs, http://www.med.monash.edu.au/cecs/gastro/prebiotic/faq/
- The Monash University Low FODMAP Diet app 2016, https://itunes.apple.com/app/monash-university-low-fodmap/id586149216?mt=8
- Murphy, K 2011, ‘Management of IBS’, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 188-9.
- Sanders, M et al. 2014, ‘Probiotics and prebiotics: prospects for public health and nutritional recommendations’, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1309, pp. 19-29.
- Yoon, J et al. 2014, ‘Effect of multispecies probiotics on irritable bowel syndrome: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,’ Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 29, no.1, pp. 52-9.
- Zeng, J et al. 2008, ‘Clinical trial: effect of active lactic acid bacteria on muscosal barrier function in patients with diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome’, Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 994-1002