Zucchini Sweet Potato Fritters
No need to cross your fingers about these fritters! They are made with colorful vegetables—each packed with unique phytonutrients that help your body be its best. This versatile vegetable is low FODMAP and high in fiber. Transform them into fritters, nachos, or fries for a healthy yet gut-friendly rendition of classic fan-favorite foods. Pick the oh-so-sweetest potato by opting for those that are firm, free of bruises and spots. Don’t forget to store them in a cool yet dry place, with good airflow away from the window. This recipe is easy to double or triple to cook once and enjoy again and again! For the ultimate crispy fritter, remember to remove the excess liquid from the potato. This recipe is easy; we are rooting for you!
Makes: 1 serving
Serving Size: 2 fritters
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Ingredients for zucchini sweet potato fritters
- ½ small zucchini
- ½ small sweet potato
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Ms. Dash
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Pinch of salt
Directions for zucchini sweet potato fritters
- In a large bowl, grate the zucchini and sweet potato. Use a cloth napkin or paper towel to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
- Add egg, salt, and spice to the vegetable mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Heat oiled pan on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Once hot, use half of the mixture to form a circular fritter. Press down with a spatula to flatten it out.
- Cook fritters for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the desired level of crispiness.
- Repeat for the remaining fritter mixture.
- Enjoy topped with sour cream, salt and pepper.
- calories: 258kcal
- carbohydrates: 15.5g
- fat: 16.5g
- fiber: 2.5g
- potassium: 486mg
- protein: 8.5g
- saturated fat: 4.5g
- sodium: 261mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?