Zesty Arugula Pasta Salad with Feta
Zesty is just one way to describe this hearty, balanced dish! This colorful meal is packed with fiber and protein that will leave you feeling full and satisfied for hours. Our green, leafy vegetable friend, arugula is not just low FODMAP, but packs this dish with vitamins and phytonutrients needed to keep your immune system strong. This dish can be enjoyed hot or cold, so bring it to your next potluck no matter what the season. Fruit for dessert is always a hit! Try this refreshing melon salad with ginger mint simple syrup.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 box (16 oz) pasta (choose Low-FODMAP or gluten-free)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ½ cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp sea salt + 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash cherry tomatoes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve ½ cup pasta liquid for later.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into warm pasta.
- Slowly add in pasta liquid to thin sauce as desired (you may not use the entire ½ cup).
- Fold in feta cheese and cherry tomatoes and stir gently to distribute. Fold in arugula.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts are based on brown rice and quinoa pasta.
- calories: 585
- carbohydrates: 92g
- fat: 18g
- fiber: 5g
- potassium: 232mg
- protein: 18g
- saturated fat: 5g
- sodium: 774mg
Disclaimer: We recognize that some ingredients listed in this recipe may be a trigger food for some people. Please feel free to omit or substitute any ingredients that don’t work for you.
Did you make any New Year's goals or resolutions?