Tuna and Capers Deviled Eggs
Last updated: April 2022
One of my favorite snacks or starter, these tuna stuffed eggs are tasty for any occasion and they often make my holiday lunch table, including Christmas.
Notes: If you don't have a food blender you can use a fork to mash the egg yolks with the tuna and the other ingredients. When looking for sauces like mayonnaise and mustard, check the label for high FODMAP ingredients such as onion, garlic, or even spices and natural flavors, as they may contain onion or garlic. If in doubt. contact the manufacturer.
Ingredients for tuna and capers deviled eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium size canned tuna in olive oil (drain it completely)
- 2 tablespoons of capers to be blended plus a few left whole for decoration
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, check the ingredients for sneaky high FODMAPs
- 1 tablespoon mustard, check the ingredients for sneaky high FODMAPs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill or other fresh finely chopped herbs to sprinkle on top of the eggs (optional)
Directions for tuna and capers deviled eggs
- Place the eggs in a small pan and cover with cold water by 1 inch, cover the pot with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, cook the eggs for 9 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the hot water and place them under cool running water.
- Peel the eggs carefully and cut them in half.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a small blender with tuna, mustard, capers (reserving a few to use as garnish) and enough mayonnaise to be able to make a creamy mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly into each cavity of the halved egg whites.
- Arrange the eggs in a plate and decorate each one with a dollop of mayonnaise, sprinkle some herbs and serve topped with a few whole capers.
- Keep them in the fridge until it's time to serve them.
- calories: 319
- carbohydrates: 8.9g
- cholesterol: 300mg
- fiber: 0.6g
- potassium: 280mg
- protein: 22.4g
- saturated fat: 4.6g
- sodium: 464mg
- sugar: 2.7g
- total fat: 21.7g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Which of the following symptoms of IBS do you experience most frequently?