Low FODMAP Teriyaki Shrimp with Brown Rice and Glazed Carrots
More like shrimp teri-yummy! Who needs take-out menus when your Asian-style favorites can get recreated easily from home? This sweet and savory sensation can save your gut from the unwanted distress of dining out. After all, it’s challenging to find a restaurant meal that doesn’t contain any high FODMAP ingredients. Who really knows what’s in those classic sauce options? Plus, store-bought alternatives often contain high-fructose corn syrup, garlic, onion powder, or other possibly gut-irritating ingredients. Instead, take control of your gastrointestinal health and prevent unwanted symptoms with this IBS-friendly dish. Don’t forget to make meal prep a breeze by preparing extra shrimp to toss on tomorrow’s salad, grain bowl, or healthy tacos. Its versatility is shrimp-ly the best!
Makes: 2 servings
Serving Size: ½ mixture
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for low FODMAP teriyaki shrimp:
- ½ lb large, deveined frozen shrimp
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 cup ready-made brown rice
- 4 small carrots
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ¼ cup water
Directions for low FODMAP teriyaki shrimp:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove ends from carrots and coat in maple syrup. Place on silicone baking sheet and roast until desired level of tenderness—approximately 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, place frozen shrimp and defrost under cold, running water.
- Prepare rice according to instructions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix until combined.
- In a small pot on medium heat, simmer teriyaki sauce. Add cold water and corn starch to thicken. Stir consistently.
- Once the sauce thickens, add shrimp. Mix until combined. Remove from heat
- Serve with a side of rice and glazed carrots.
- calories: 405kcal
- carbohydrates: 57g
- fat: 5.5g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 514mg
- protein: 57g
- saturated fat: 0.5g
- sodium: 1263mg
- sugar: 11g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?