Tempeh and Vegetables Stir-Fry
Tempeh is made of soybeans that have been fermented and it's a great source of protein, especially for vegetarians and vegans. It is also low FODMAP.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for tempeh and vegetables stir fry
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 tablespoon onion infused oil
- 1 packet (8 oz) tempeh, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- cooked rice (optional)
Directions for tempeh and vegetables stir fry
- In a large non-stick pan heat the garlic and onion-infused oils on medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced tempeh, the oyster sauce, and the ginger and while it is cooking, break off the tempeh into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Saute for about 7-8 minutes until the tempeh is well browned.
- Add the sliced bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes until the bell peppers are a bit tender
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the baby spinach, the thyme, and the tamari and mix it together.
- Serve immediately on its own or with rice.
- calories: 199
- carbohydrates: 12g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 1.1g
- potassium: 520mg
- protein: 15.9g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 528mg
- sugar: 2.2g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?