Tempeh and Vegetables Stir-Fry
Last updated: April 2022
Tempeh is made of soybeans that have been fermented and it's a great source of protein, especially for vegetarians and vegans. It is also low FODMAP.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for tempeh and vegetables stir fry
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
- 1 tablespoon onion infused oil
- 1 packet (8 oz) tempeh, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- cooked rice (optional)
Directions for tempeh and vegetables stir fry
- In a large non-stick pan heat the garlic and onion-infused oils on medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced tempeh, the oyster sauce, and the ginger and while it is cooking, break off the tempeh into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Saute for about 7-8 minutes until the tempeh is well browned.
- Add the sliced bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes until the bell peppers are a bit tender
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the baby spinach, the thyme, and the tamari and mix it together.
- Serve immediately on its own or with rice.
- calories: 199
- carbohydrates: 12g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 1.1g
- potassium: 520mg
- protein: 15.9g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 528mg
- sugar: 2.2g
Photograph by Hannah Noonan. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation