Must Make Simple Macaroons
All of the flavors of a classic French patisserie, without any of the fuss! While these heavenly treats may be irresistible, they only contain low FODMAP ingredients that are no stress to digest. They have the perfect combination of feel-full fiber and satisfying fats to prevent you from running on empty (and to the bathroom). Not to mention, they are lower sugar alternatives that help keep your health goals in check. Compared to store-bought options that often contain high FODMAP corn syrups, these must-make macaroons get sweetened with dark chocolate and maple syrup. Enjoy them trigger-free! Have them as a sweet treat, mid-day pick-me-up, or decadent breakfast. They are must-make macaroons for a reason!
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size: 2 macaroons
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Ingredients for macaroons
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
Directions for macaroons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, separate eggs. Set aside to bring to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, add coconut, chocolate chips, salt, maple syrup, vanilla, all-purpose flour. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Whip egg whites until light and fluffy. Can mix until stiff peaks if preferred but not necessary.
- Fold coconut mixture into egg whites. Carefully mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into silicone molds. Bake until golden. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- calories: 180kcal
- carbohydrates: 15g
- fat: 12.5g
- fiber: 3.5g
- potassium: 175mg
- protein: 2.5g
- saturated fat: 10g
- sodium: 94mg
- sugar: 8g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?