IBS-Friendly Rockin' Ramen
As the classic book goes, "soup is good for the soul." However, in this case, chicken noodle soup got an Asian-inspired makeover. After all, who doesn’t love a big bowl of ramen! But don’t get it twisted; this isn’t your typical microwave ramen cup. This slurp-worthy soup is abundant in IBS-friendly vegetables to satisfy both your tastebuds and your gut. Plus, this recipe includes noodles made from brown rice and millet for an extra burst of wholesome nutrition. Not satisfied yet? Don’t worry; ramen is an easy dish to customize to satisfy all your flavor-filled favorites and minimize food waste. Toss in leftover tofu or poultry for a protein-packed dish that can’t be missed. Or create a household DIY ramen station as a fun activity to do with friends or family. Simply cook all the ingredients and let your tastebuds determine the rest! Ramen calm; this recipe can be customized for anyone!
Makes: 3 servings
Serving Size: 1/3 mixture
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for IBS-friendly ramen
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 5oz millet and brown rice ramen (Lotus Foods)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cup kale
- 5 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (optional)
Directions for IBS-friendly ramen
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, add sesame oil, ginger, carrots, and kale. Mix until fully incorporated. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, sriracha, and rice vinegar to vegetable mixture. Mix until combined. Allow to simmer.
- In a small pot, bring water to boil. Add eggs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat and immediately place under cold water. Allow to cool for 3 minutes. Then, gently peel shell. Slice in half and set aside.
- Add noodles to soup mixture. Cook until tender—approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with sliced egg, chives, and sesame seeds.
- calories: 408kcal
- carbohydrates: 55g
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 9.5g
- potassium: 1023mg
- protein: 16.5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 1354mg
- sugar: 8.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have difficulties with setting boundaries and saying no?