Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
The good news is cookies can taste great and provide nutrients for good health. A peanut butter cookie can really hit the spot when you want something sweet and crunchy! They’re also a good source of healthy fats and beta-carotene. But these aren’t just ordinary peanut butter cookies. Throw in some oats, which are loaded with beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber important for gut health, that may play a role in immunity. Finally, stir some pumpkin into the mix to make it a trifecta of nutritional goodness! Enjoy them as a snack in the right portion size. This recipe is low FODMAP, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Makes: 18 Cookies
Serving size: 2 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for peanut butter pumpkin oatmeal cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (mixed very well, at room temperature)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ¼ tsp each of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, & ground cloves)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional mix-in: dark chocolate chips
Directions for peanut butter pumpkin oatmeal cookies
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk peanut butter and sugar until smooth and a little fluffy.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry oats, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture and stir well. Mix in optional add-ins
- Preheat oven to 350°F while the batter thickens for a few minutes (note: it may seem a little runnier than a typical cookie dough at this point, but it will still cook up as cookies!)
- Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, place spoonful of mixture onto the baking sheet, about 1” space apart.
- Set baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes, or cookies are just firm and lightly browned. Let cool and enjoy!
- calories: 225
- carbohydrates: 32g
- fat: 16g
- fiber: 2.5g
- potassium: 247mg
- protein: 8.5g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 437mg
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have difficulties with setting boundaries and saying no?