Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Last updated: May 2022
The good news is cookies can taste great and provide nutrients for good health. A peanut butter cookie can really hit the spot when you want something sweet and crunchy! They’re also a good source of healthy fats and beta-carotene. But these aren’t just ordinary peanut butter cookies. Throw in some oats, which are loaded with beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber important for gut health, that may play a role in immunity. Finally, stir some pumpkin into the mix to make it a trifecta of nutritional goodness! Enjoy them as a snack in the right portion size. This recipe is low FODMAP, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Makes: 18 Cookies
Serving size: 2 cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for peanut butter pumpkin oatmeal cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (mixed very well, at room temperature)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ¼ tsp each of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, & ground cloves)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional mix-in: dark chocolate chips
Directions for peanut butter pumpkin oatmeal cookies
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper, or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk peanut butter and sugar until smooth and a little fluffy.
- Add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and maple syrup and mix until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry oats, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture and stir well. Mix in optional add-ins
- Preheat oven to 350°F while the batter thickens for a few minutes (note: it may seem a little runnier than a typical cookie dough at this point, but it will still cook up as cookies!)
- Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, place spoonful of mixture onto the baking sheet, about 1” space apart.
- Set baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes, or cookies are just firm and lightly browned. Let cool and enjoy!
- calories: 225
- carbohydrates: 32g
- fat: 16g
- fiber: 2.5g
- potassium: 247mg
- protein: 8.5g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 437mg
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have trouble trying to balance your diet with multiple illnesses?
Join the conversation