This dish tastes like summer, but I'm sure you can enjoy it in any season. Replace lime with lemon, if you don't have any lime, it still tastes good.
Preparation time: 40 minutes including marination time
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Ingredients for prawn skewers
- 2 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- handful continental parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups mix of baby spinach and arugula (rocket) leaves
- short wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning
Directions for prawn skewers
- In a large bowl, combine oil, maple syrup, chilli, lime juice and zest, ginger, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add prawns and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and let the prawns marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and thread 3-4 prawns onto the skewers.
- Place on a hot grilled pan or barbecue.
- Grill on each side for a couple of minutes or until cooked through. You may need to do this in batches.
- Transfer to a serving plate and decorate with baby spinach and rocket leaves and serve immediately.
- calories: 173
- carbohydrates: 6.9g
- cholesterol: 150mg
- fat: 6.5g
- fiber: 0.9g
- potassium: 220mg
- protein: 21.4g
- saturated fat: 0.4g
- sodium: 175mg
- sugars: 3.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?