Perfect Polenta Bites
Last updated: January 2022
When your tastebuds are craving everything from cheesy to salty to crispy — polenta bites to the rescue! They add an irresistible crunch factor to any meal yet provide positive nutrition for a healthy gut. Talk about a win-win! Each bite is flavored with nutritional yeast—a plant-based ingredient that mimics the unique smell and flavor profile of real-deal cheese. Not to mention, it’s also abundant in protein and vitamin B12. It’s is a must-try alternative for people trying to minimize or eliminate animal-based cheeses. However, Pecorino Romano and parmesan cheese can still get incorporated in a low-FODMAP diet if preferred over nutritional yeast. Pair these bites alongside your favorite lean protein or toss them in a salad for an added crispy crunch. Get cheesy for real-zy!
Makes: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 mixture
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for perfect polenta bites
- 18 oz precooked herbed polenta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Directions for perfect polenta bites
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut pre-cooked polenta into 1-inch cubes and distribute on a baking sheet.
- Brush polenta with olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs and nutritional yeast.
- Bake polenta for 20 minutes, or until the desired level of crispiness. Rotate bites at 10 minutes.
- calories: 230kcal
- carbohydrates: 35g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 60mg
- protein: 6g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 863mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you ever tried acupuncture to relieve IBS symptoms?