Must-Have Matcha Muffins
This muffin goes beyond being a "naked cupcake." In fact, these healthy heroes are made with wholesome ingredients and don't trigger unwanted symptoms of IBS. Skip the store-bought options often made with gut-aggravating, high FODMAP flours or sweeteners and go homemade. These muffins get their vibrant green color from matcha—a form of green tea abundant in antioxidants that help decrease chronic inflammation.1 Specifically, its polyphenol content may provide therapeutic benefits to people with IBS by reducing abdominal pain and distention. 2 Talk about a mighty muffin! Matcha also offers a unique flavor that balances earthy, smooth, and sweet notes. Enjoy these muffins as a decadent yet nutritious breakfast or snack. Don't forget to make an extra batch to toss in the freezer to enjoy on a later occasion.
Makes: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for must-have matcha muffins
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp plant-based butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
Directions for must-have matcha muffins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a muffin tin with either liners, non-stick cooking spray, or opt for a silicone alternative.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, flaxseeds, baking soda, salt, and matcha powder. Mix until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, softened butter, milk, maple syrup, and almond extract. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add wet mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until fully combined.
- Fill muffin pan and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until passes toothpick test.
- calories: 127kcal
- carbohydrates: 17.5g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 95mg
- protein: 3.5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 169mg
- sugar: 4.5g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?