Mini Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf
Lately, I have been eating the same old things just about every day just for the sake of avoiding a flare-up. After a while, one gets bored of eating the same old thing. So, I decided to be creative with the same boring foods that I’m used to eating, and I ended up coming up with IBS-friendly mini bacon-wrapped meatloaves. A big focus of mine lately has been on portion control, and I find that making this version of meatloaf helps me keep track of my food intake while at the same time serves as a great meal prep option. Many of the ingredients in this recipe are also low FODMAP friendly, however if you notice any ingredient that may be a trigger for you, then please feel free to omit or substitute for another ingredient. Enjoy and let us know what you think!
Servings: 4-6 (depending on how mini you make your loaves)
Ingredients for bacon-wrapped meatloaf
- 1 ½ lb of ground beef
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Gluten-free bread crumbs
- ½ cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp of low FODMAP ketchup (optional)
- 1 tbsp cup of mustard
- ½ of package of bacon (roughly 6-7 slices)
Directions for bacon-wrapped meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, oregano, ketchup, mustard, egg, and breadcrumbs in one big mixing bowl.
- Once the meat is completely mixed, take a handful of the meat mixture and mold into a small meatloaf. Then, create a little opening along the center to add shredded cheese into the middle of the meatloaf. Enclose the meatloaf and wrap with bacon until fully covered. Place on baking sheet and follow the same steps with the rest of the meat mixture. This recipe should roughly make about 6 mini meatloaves.
- Place the baking sheet full of mini bacon-wrapped meatloaves into the oven and let bake for about 40 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- Once done, feel free to serve with a side of your choice.
- calories: 470
- carbohydrates: 7.1g
- cholesterol: 191mg
- fiber: 0.7g
- potassium: 740mg
- protein: 54.9g
- saturated fat: 9.1g
- sodium: 1749mg
- sugars: 1.3g
- total fat: 23.2g
Disclaimer: IrritableBowelSyndrome.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you taken our In America Survey yet?